Bridal makeup can be all about a little drama, glitter and glamour or about creating a natural, no-makeup look! Whichever be your taste, ensure that the makeup complements your bridal lehengas and wedding sarees. It’s your day, so remember to look and feel your best! Just follow these bridal makeup tips, and look breathtaking on your special day.
1. After cleansing your face, use some ice to close the pores so that you don’t perspire and the makeup does not run out.
2. Let your makeup artist know once again that you do not want any surprises in the form of an experiment with your face on your wedding day.
3. Warm your skin tone with bronze powder.
4. Most importantly, use a gel based foundation primer to make sure your foundation does not run out.
5. Go for a neutral and light dusting powder to balance the extra sheen.
6. Go for a golden toned concealer and base rather than pink toned because it complements your skin tone in the light of the camera.
7. Photographs demand a well defined face with well defined features and cheekbones. Therefore, don’t miss the contour. Make sure the definition does not make your face look too sharp.
8. Go for a classic look if you are sure that your unique look will be timeless in the photographs. Keep in mind that your wedding photos will last longer than your life.
9. Do not use talcum powders anywhere in the entire makeup regime.
10. Make sure the makeup artist keeps the shimmer minimalistic and does not use actual glitter.
11. Make sure the makeup artist is using the exact shades and brand of makeup that went in the trial run. The right shade is the most important thing.
12. To fill in your eyebrows, use a brow powder or a gel. If you are using a brow pencil, make sure it is not obvious. Let the brow powder do most of the work. Make sure you don’t give a very sharp shape to the eyebrows. The look should be soft and sweet for a bride.
13. Use an eyelash curler and go for waterproof mascara. Do not overdose on the mascara and make sure there are no clumps.
14. Go for gel eyeliner so that it lasts long and defines your eye better. Make sure everything is waterproof.
15. Let the foundation be gold toned but the blush and lip colour must be in shades of pink or red.
16. Go for cream blush if you have dry skin and powder blush for oily or normal skin. Don’t overdo the blush.
17. Keep the lip colour within your natural lip line. Use warm shades of red. Fill in with the lip liner before using the lipstick. Don’t just use it to line. Your lip liner needs to be of the closest shade to the lipstick.
18. Accessorise your hair with colourful little bejewelled clips. Don’t wear your hair down without much styling. Your wedding day is not the day to go minimalistic with the hair. This is why you had that hairstyling session two weeks back.
19. Make sure to follow the classic rule of highlighting either the lips more than the eyes or vice versa. No matter how well the individual makeup for each feature is done, no matter how pretty you naturally are, highlighting everything will make you look like a clown.
20. Always be ready for touch ups. Let your makeup artist be there for you with the lip liner, lipstick, top coat of the foundation, blush, mascara, cleanser, and eyeliner all at the ready. Besides that, take a short break to fix your makeup whenever needed.
With these bridal makeup tips you will be ready to rock your wedding flawlessly throughout the day.