Cold weather stripping away your hair’s natural oil and shine? In the winter season, your hair needs a lot of tender care and attention to prevent dry hair, dandruff, hair fall, split ends, scalp dryness and to retain its soft silky nature.Here are some Winter Hair Care Tips for Men & Women. Fight the winter hair woes by incorporating these beauty habits into your daily routine.
1. Wear a scarf, hat or cap to protect your hair from the cold and wind.
2. Avoid washing your hair in hot water. Use warm or cool water instead.
3. Shampoo less frequently and deep condition after each time.
4. Check out your hair spray to make sure it doesn’t have a high alcohol content.
5. A humidifier can help by adding moisture to the air and also avoids static hair.
6. Drinking a lot of water will keep you hydrated on the inside and helps in retaining the moisture in the the hair.
7. Trimming the ends of the hair once a month in winters helps to avoid split ends and protects the hair shaft.
8. Add a few drops of hair care oil to your shampoo. Or apply a little oil through the ends of you damp hair every time after shampooing. This will keep hair supple and shiny.
9. Minimize the use of blow dryers curling irons when the hair is excessively wet. Use a towel to blot the wet hair and remove as much water as you can by gently pressing the towel with both hands.If you must use them, try using a leave-in conditioner first. Use blow dryer on low heat settings.
10. Essential oils such as ylang ylang, bergamot, and lemongrass, helps open the hair cuticle so the moisture can be absorbed. Argan Oil is a great product to use during cold spells as they moisturize the hair instantly. Apply a little quantity to the damp hair after rinsing.